On the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele III, the main square of Memphis, one of the most beautiful in Sicily, stands majestically Pignatelli Palace, built in 1638 at the behest of Tagliavia Diego Aragona Pignatelli, Prince of Castelvetrano and founder of Memphis.
The palace, home of the feudal lords of "land" of Memphis, alongside the castle tower of Burgiomilluso, occupying the area of the old medieval castle itself was built on the ruins of an older building complex owned by the installation of Islamic Burgiomilluso.
Have recently been found, just beneath the floor of the building, a series of tombs related to a necropolis dating from the fifth and sixth century AD, intersected by a stump of wall stones, roughly squared, with probability belonged to the strong Muslim.
The interesting burials found remains from each kit, are so far the only evidence of the earliest human presence in downtown Memphis.
Part of the building three stores formerly called "arcs", "wine" and a final "Cuba", the Arabic name which still reveals the ancient origin of the site.